The NonSper project is a ANR-Fapesp PRCI project that will run from 2024 to 2028. The project is offering a three-year PhD position that will begin in September 2024.
The PhD will be jointly supervised by researchers in France and Brazil, with the possibility of earning a double doctoral degree.
The research will primarily be conducted in France, but the project will also fund at least three one-month stays in Brazil to facilitate international collaboration and expand the researcher’s exposure to diverse research environments.
List of possible PhD topics includes:
- qualitative theory of non-smooth dynamical systems
- singular perturbations
- singularities of differential equations
- resolution of singularities
To apply, you must hold a Master’s degree in mathematics and have strong academic credentials. Completion of some intermediate or advanced course in differential equations is also required. Proficiency in French or Portuguese is not a prerequisite.
Contact: daniel.panazzolo (@uha.fr).
List of required documents for candidates (to be submitted by e-mail before April 30th):
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae with a list of works if applicable
- a certificate of titles and diplomas (with translation if necessary) and any other document justifying the scientific training in the relevant discipline.
- transcripts of master’s or equivalent degree grades and ranking (if known),
- a copy of the master’s thesis or documents considered equivalent, even if written in a language other than English (in this case, provide a summary in English).
- One or more letters of recommendation from a scientific sponsor (teacher, supervisor, manager)
- A copy of Identity card or Passport